- Tunnelling &Underground Constructions
- Large Rock Cavern Complexes
- Urban Tunnelling and Underground Infrastructure
- Geotechnical Engineering & Foundation Engineering
- Project Management & Risk Management for major ground related risks
- Geotechnical Baselining
- MSc. In Civil Engineering, Lund University of Technology
- Numerous National and International Conferences in Rock Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering
- Mercuri International; Leadership
Gösta Erikson is a Senior Tunnelling and Geotechnical Engineer with 45 years of international working experience in large underground structures, geotechnics and geotechnical risk management.
During his professional career Gösta was, inter alia, responsible for developing tunnel solutions in soil and soft rocks, for strategical uncertainty analyses /successive estimates of time and costs and he also worked as a design manager for all kind of underground and open excavations in all project phases.
Beyond that, he was independent assessor and senior expert on tunnelling technology and cost estimates (e.g for TBM drive vs Immersed tunnel solutions) and member of expert panels on rock- and geotechnical engineering. He is also a member of joint FIDIC/ITA Task Group for a new FIDIC Standard Contract for Underground Construction.
Gösta has world-wide working experience for huge international consulting groups as well as for contractors.